NextEra Energy Supervisor Corporate Records in Riviera Beach, Florida
Supervisor Corporate Records
Date:Jul 14, 2017
Primary Location:Riviera Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 10521
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile: you’ve found us! Doing Well by Doing Good - NextEra Energy is focused on building long-term value for our shareholders by investing in energy technologies that are designed to provide affordable, clean, and reliable power for our customers. In this role, the qualified individual establishes all components of a corporate records management program, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory, legal, and business requirements and standards; ensure program protects and preserves assets of the company, reduces overall costs, responds to business needs, and minimizes risks associated with improper recordkeeping practices. Proactively monitor and evaluate all current trends and developments in document, record, and electronic communications management.
- advise NextEra Energy, Inc. and its subsidiaries of their proper retention schedules, record preservation/storage, and record disposition consistent with applicable standards, regulations, and legal requirements
- create, update and maintain record retention schedules including conducting research necessary to determine retention values
- assess recordkeeping and provide training to promote utilization of cost-effective, legally sufficient records management practices
- train end users and internal staff on records management practices and systems
- provide records control system reports listing records eligible for destruction to business unit organization leaders to meet record retention program compliance requirements
- provide record control system administration and system enhancement testing
- maintain program procedures and guidelines for: record retentions, Quality Assurance (QA), vital records, business continuity, confidential information, micrographic re-inspection, and storage and destruction processes for electronic and non-electronic records
- provide supervision of the Corporate Records Center and Documentary Files operations and personnel Apply now and energize your career!
Job Overview This position establishes all components of a corporate records management program, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory, legal, and business requirements and standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes the corporate procedures program ensuring that corporate-wide business policies, procedures, and practices are documented, published, and easily retrieved
- Ensures the corporate procedures program responds to customer needs, improves employee performance, and reduces errors and inconsistency of business practices
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Legal/Regulatory/External Affairs Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: Riviera Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami