AES United States Planning Engineer - Long Term Planning (Petersburg, IN) in Petersburg, Indiana
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
Under general guidance, the Planning Engineer is responsible for developing project scopes, work plans and procuring resources that facilitate efficient and cost effective execution of Capital Investments, Long Term Maintenance, and specific Outage and large O&M projects. This position functions in a multi-discipline team to develop the generation fleet CapEx budget and long-term outage maintenance strategy at AES US generation facilities, primary focus is on the following businesses – IPL Generation, Shady Point, IPL Peakers, Buffalo Gap.
Degreed candidates must have five (5) years related experience
Non-degreed candidates must have ten (10) years related experience
US Citizen or possess an unrestricted US Work Permit, (i.e. must be currently eligible to work in the United States).
● Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from an accredited college/university
● Project management certification
● Five years generating station maintenance experience
● Other estimating experience
● Working knowledge of industry work management best practices
● Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude
● Strong interpersonal, technical, financial and estimating/planning skills
● Strong computer skills required to include Microsoft Office, CMMS, and scheduling software applications
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Project management experience
● Ability to quickly adapt to changing business needs
● Effective organizational skills with commitment to deadlines
● Willingness and ability to learn/teach
● Willingness to work in a union environment
● Ability to support a 24 x 7 operation
● Develops work plans and procuring resources that facilitate efficient and cost effective execution of scheduled outage maintenance, and specific products
● Use CMMS, purchasing, and financial software to meet scheduled outage and overall work management process requirements
● Develops appropriate job steps for large projects and maintenance repair processes
● Selects and procures materials and resources necessary to execute work plans and projects
● Performs job hazard analyses for mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks and provide appropriate support for permits (LOTO, hot work, confined space, etc.)
● Reviews and analyzes maintenance histories to facilitate process improvements and make work plans more productive and cost effective
● Develops and prepares information for resource loaded maintenance schedules
● For major LTP Opex, utilize the Fleet Outage Best Practices SOP for planning (tasks and milestones), procurement, execution and closeout process steps.
● For LTP Capex, develop project material specifications, labor scopes, financial evaluations, and utilize the CWT (Capex Web Tool) to input, planning, procurement and forecasted project costs.
● Utilize GE APM Meridium software for: (a) asset health, (b) asset strategy & implementation, (c) failure elimination, (d) functional specifications, (e) etc.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. IPL is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: IPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world – from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That’s a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 21,000-person start-up – all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don’t just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.
Global Opportunities: www.aes.com/careers