Iberdrola USA Benefits Analyst - Retirement (AMC 48938) Orange, CT in Orange, Connecticut
Business and Department
Manage human resource retirement programs such as defined benefit pensions, and 401k plans while ensuring legal compliance. Participate in internal strategic planning to improve HR benefits programs and processes, focusing on pension/retirement management. Administer contracts with vendors while being an employee advocate and ensuring and improving quality of service to internal/external customers. Develop and use electronic databases as tracking and reporting systems to meet requests, analyze usage/program, make recommendations and write business cases. Lead cross functional teams to improve processes or roll out new related programs. Must travel to all AVANGRID locations for employee meetings and pension counseling. Support HR Operations center functionality, may cover other benefit areas and assist with open enrollment activities. May provide informational presentations to all levels of the Company.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of pensions and retirement programs for all AVANGRID employees/retirees.
- Develop positive vendor relationships associated with these programs, respond to questions, review contracts, and resolve conflicts.
- Manage the monthly pension check administration/funding in its entirety for the corporation including the accuracy of retirees health/Medicare deductions or reimbursements. Ensure compliance with ERISA, IRS and Sox provisions.4. Collaborate with leadership, labor relations and external consultants/counsel to manage pension/benefit dispute resolution.
- Make recommendations for improvements, changes, and effective cost control, including recommendations forpension payment adjustments under the plan documents or vendor contracts or state/federal regulations
- Use, maintain, and improve HRIS databases/web applications to manage employee, usage, billing data associated with these programs and ensure accuracy of all data outputs.
- Analyze data for trends, develop summary reports, produce ad-hoc reports, present findings/recommendations, and implement approved changes. Use data for business case development.
- Recommend process/program departmental/company goals.
- Ensure compliance (ERISA, IRS, SOX, CBAs, etc.) by reviewing, drafting, maintaining, and timely distributing required documents and employee communications such as plan documents, SPDs, notices, contracts, etc.
- Responsible to provide information for actuarial reports, regulatory filings, respond to internal/external audit requests. Maintains data/records for SOX compliance.
- Provide pension calculations and counseling/advisement to employees considering retirement. Set up new retirees in HRIS/Banking systems for payment of pension.
- May be called upon for Storm Duty assignments or company-wide events.
in corporate committees/teams
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Accounting preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience or High School/GED with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
At least 5 years of in-depth employee benefit program management/administration and compliance experience in retirement plans preferred.
Demonstrated experience/knowledge of federal/state regulations such as; ERISA, IRS, DOL, etc.
Experience involving direct employee/retiree communications, labor contract administration, and project management
Experience in Human Resource services related to benefits administration, HR compliance, or employee/labor relations.
Familiarity with HR best practices for retirement plans, benefit administration and related compliance.
Strong knowledge of statistical analysis techniques, funding and benefit designs.
Must be a self-motivated, team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to establish effective and objective working relationships with internal/external customers, vendors and stakeholders.
Strong communication skills including written employee communications, presentation and conflict resolution skills.
Comfort and confidence responding to a variety of questions/requests via in-person, phone and email.
Ability to develop electronic tracking and reporting systems for a variety of program offerings, develop analysis and make recommendations necessary to meet program goals.
Must be detail oriented with ability to manage a multitude of task and projects, while focused on quality outcomes, accuracy, and customer service.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at877-387-9061 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company: AVANGRID Management Company (AMC)
Department: Human Resources
Job Title: Benefits Analyst - Retirement (2 positions)
Reports to: Director - Rewards
Location: Orange, CT
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Publication date: 11.07.2017