First Energy Corp. Nuclear Procurement Engineering Specialist in Oak Harbor, Ohio
Nuclear Procurement Engineering Specialist
Location: Oak Harbor, OH, US, 43449
Job Function: Engineering
Employee Type: Reg Full Time (FT)
Requisition ID: 355
This is an open position with FENOC, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.[DBN]
This position of fleet Design Engineering reporting directly to the Fleet Procurement Engineering Supervisor and must be capable of working under limited supervision, exercising good engineering judgment in performance of duties. The position is primarily focusing on Davis-Besse Procurement Engineering tasks with the incumbent developing competence in performing procurement engineering tasks at the Beaver Valley and Perry Nuclear Plants as well. The position will reside at the Davis-Besse Nuclear Plant in Oak Harbor, OH. However there is flexibility to work remotely based on the candidates procurement engineering qualifications. Proficiency in technical and analytical competencies is required to handle assignments of increasing complexity.
Responsibilities at the Nuclear Engineering Specialist in Procurement include:
• Providing Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering support to the First Energy nuclear sites through the development of technical and quality requirements along with supporting engineering documentation for procurement of safety-related, non-safety related, and augmented quality materials.
• Developing and approving procurement engineering products which include, but are not limited to equivalency evaluations, commercial grade technical evaluations and dedication plans, part safety classification analysis, and reverse engineering, utilizing cost-effective, prudent, and fleet procurement options.
• Interacting with site personnel (Management, Maintenance, Engineering, Materials, etc.) for adjusting work priorities and schedules as it relates to procurement engineering and supporting emergent activities in a constructive and professional manner, including during outages.
• Supporting nuclear plant programs in the area of Mechanical and/or Electrical Procurement Engineering by developing engineering requirements (technical and quality assurance) for procurement, receipt, dedication testing, and storage of plant components, parts, materials, and services.
• Supporting the generation of engineering equivalency evaluations to address obsolescence related issues (along with the need to use different items due to availability issues). Update BOMs for applicable items.
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge/understanding of applicable codes, standards and regulatory requirements/guidance/direction (ASME, ANSI, ASTM, IEEE, Code of Federal Regulations, EPRI, NEI, NUREG, etc.) used in the nuclear industry in general and procurement in particular.
• Providing cost-effective engineering solutions to improve plant performance and maintain the plant’s safety margins by maintaining and meeting design requirements, coordinating supporting activities, resolving equipment non-conformances, and ensuring the quality of documents provided. Evaluation and selection of the most prudent cost-effective alternatives for procurement consistent with schedules and regulatory requirements.
• Providing development and specification of timely in-process/final vendor source inspections to ensure First Energy requirements are properly implemented by the supplier for applicable parts/components.
• Supporting vendor audits as technical specialist as required.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering with 8 years of engineering experience preferred
• 2 year Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, nuclear Navy experience, and a minimum of 20 years of nuclear engineering or maintenance experience required.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the nuclear industry or 8 years of related engineering experience in a non-nuclear industry required.
• Previous on-the-job nuclear Procurement Engineering experience (Equivalency Evaluations, Commercial Grade Dedication, Environmental Qualification, Seismic Qualification/Testing/Analysis, Functional Testing, etc.).
• Working knowledge of power plant operations, including mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Working experience with SAP in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Maintenance
• Materials engineering background.
• Effective written and verbal communication and team interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills including the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to deliver superior results within allocated time through effective prioritization, scheduling, planning and execution of assigned work.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, be a self-starter, exercise flexibility, and take personal responsibility for assigned accountabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing processes, regulations, responsibilities, and work environments.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Toledo
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Engineer, Procurement, Electrical, ERP, Nuclear, Engineering, Operations, Technology, Energy