ITC Holdings Engineer Associate in Novi, Michigan
Location: MI - Novi
Supports business objectives through any of the following specialty areas: equipment/maintenance engineering, system protection, Control Room support, tower design, system planning, substation design, and/or the implementation of capital projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides technical support to field personnel and contractors in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of system components under the guidance of a Senior Engineer.
· Assists in the preparation estimates, material requisitions, specifications and drawings for internally designed projects.
· Assists in troubleshooting technical problems on various electrical equipment and systems.
· Assists in creating designs for electrical transmission lines or substation installations, protective relaying systems, relay settings and SCADA systems, with review by Senior Engineers.
· Collaborates with other engineers and departments which may include consulting, managing projects, organizing resources, or maintenance.
· Generates internal and external reports on various facets of transmission system.
· Attends meetings and training sessions to increase professional knowledge and skills.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Co-op experience at a utility preferred.
· Power system coursework preferred.
· Sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside of the Company.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access).
· Ability to learn and utilize job specific software.
ITC Holdings is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong institutional commitment
to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you are a returning applicant, please login under the Previous Applicants section and click "Add to My Jobs".