NextEra Energy Sr Automotive Technician - Dsbn in North Port, Florida
Sr Automotive Technician - Dsbn
Date:Jun 15, 2017
Primary Location:North Port, FL, US, 34286
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 8762
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Required Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent - 5+ years experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Medium to Heavy Duty Truck
- Aerial and Digger Derrick experience
- MD/HD ASE Master Certification
- Expert ability with integrity and compliance skills
- Advanced ability with leadership, and professional skills
- Competent ability with analysis & problem solving, commercial, communications, and process/project management skills
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field of study preferred
- Crane Certification (Distribution) - Fluid Power Certification preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License with an N Endorsement (Must be able to attain within 6 months of employment effective date a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL))
Primary (Essential) Job Functions (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.):
- Communicate/Demonstrate safe working practices
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Perform maintenance and repairs to vehicles and equipment
- Assist in coaching/mentoring other employees
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals, blueprints and technical drawings
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Order general use parts through the internet and insure all parts are correctly charged out in FA
- Dealing indirectly with vendors to test products and technical services
- Communicate with customers on vehicle/equipment status
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements. Ability to work extended hours. Performs other job-related duties as assigned Performance will be based on successful completion of all job functions up to the productivity standards and timeframes established and directed by Management.
Job Overview Employees in this role provide safe and reliable vehicles and equipment to all customer segments while maintaining a technical focus for solutions to complex problems including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, fluid powering or hybrid applications. At times this position will assist in monitoring and assessing performance of other technicians and groups to make improvements or take corrective actions. Employees in this job follow processes and procedures to achieve desired results while utilizing interdependence/collaboration with work group to ensure maximum potentials.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision: • Communicates and demonstrates safe working practices • Analyzes faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices • Performs maintenance and repairs to vehicles and equipment • Understands operating manuals, blueprints and technical drawings • Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges • Orders general use parts through the internet and ensures all parts are correctly charged out in FA system • Communicates indirectly with vendors to test products and technical services • Communicates with customers on vehicle and equipment status • Applies logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems • Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Experience:5+ years
Preferred Qualifications • Commercial Driver's License • FS Fluid Power Mobil Hydraulic Mech Cert • Associate's Degree
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: North Port, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Sarasota Nearest Secondary Market:Tampa Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy