PSEG Lead Auditor in Newark, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 33209
Job Function/Category: Finance / Accounting
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
• Lead and conduct internal audits and Sarbanes - Oxley Section 404 compliance reviews primarily related to information technology processes and systems but also including the Human Resources and Legal functions within PSEG.
• Position requires delivering assurance and advisory services to internal clients on risk and control issues related to information technology, compliance, accounting and operations.
• Must exhibit leadership, customer/client focus, facilitation skills, negotiation skills, high level of initiative, integrity and adaptability.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems or other relevant degree.
• Three to five years of auditing or management consulting and/or Sarbanes - Oxley Section 404 experience with a "Big Four" firm or large public company.
• Proficient with MS Office applications and data analytic software.
• Working knowledge of SAP and SAP security.
• Willingness to travel (approximately 10%) is also required.
• Strong understanding of information technology and IT General Controls (ITGC).
• Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies, system development methodologies, project management and IT control frameworks and standards.
• Proficiency in auditing standards.
• Leadership, planning and organizing abilities.
• Ability to analyze operations and make sound judgments with limited information.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• One or more of the following certifications: CISA, CIA, CISSP, CRISC, CPA.
• Knowledge of utility or power generation business.
• Knowledge of utility cybersecurity standards.
• Working knowledge of ACL.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.