Vectren Corporation Fitter - Mount Vernon in Mount Vernon, Indiana
Contact the local WorkOne office to register to take the WorkKeys Assessments for Vectren if you meet the job requirements as described.
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. In our Operations department, we manage the gas distribution system ensuring safe, reliable, and cost effective service to our customers. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations, and helping to continuously improve our processes to be an industry leader! We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Located just outside of Evansville Indiana and in the county seat of Posey County, Mount Vernon, Indiana lies within a 200-mile radius of four major metropolitan cities including Indianapolis, Nashville, Louisville and St. Louis. Enjoy outdoor activities and a scenic riverfront? Mount Vernon has something for everyone to enjoy.
What you will be doing
· Perform work of a fitter or fitter apprentice / helper in maintaining safe and adequate services to our customers
· Perform gas utility construction work activities according to job classification
· Satisfactorily complete all training and Operator Qualifications requirements of the classification
· Will be required to operate equipment used to perform main installs, service installs, leak investigations, and leak surveys
· Must present neat appearance and work with internal and external customers in a courteous and efficient manner
· This position performs other work as assigned, including service watch
What you bring
· Candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
· Candidates must possess basic math skills, written and verbal communication skills, basic mechanical knowledge as well as the ability to use tools and equipment
· Applicant must be capable of physically and mentally working in/on gas facilities
· Must be able to learn safety rules associated with job duties and follow same
· Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and a CDL or be willing to obtain one within 60 days of hire
· Job responsibilities include serving on a 24-hour emergency watch periodically
· Must be located within 15 driving miles of the reporting headquarter
· Required to be available to work overtime
· On the job training provided so we are looking for candidates from helper level apprentice to journey level professional
It would be awesome if you have:
· Construction and / or prior HVAC experience helpful, but not required
· Computer skills
What we bring to you
Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
Paid holidays and paid time off
Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job: Field Operations
Title: Fitter - Mount Vernon
Location: Indiana-Mount Vernon
Requisition ID: 1710000156