Southern Company Market Sales Executive in Montgomery, Alabama
Market Sales Executive
This position is primarily responsible for the direct acquisition and retention of subscriber accounts in a defined market area. They will participate as a member of the sales team and qualify and sell new and existing accounts in all customer segments. The Market Sales Executive is also responsible for maintaining and growing the existing customer base as well as maintain, prospecting and recruiting new Authorized Dealers and Territory Account Executives in their specific geographic territory. This sales executive will act as the primary contact between Southern Linc, Dealer principals, TAE’s, and our customers. This position will assist the Dealer with business planning, prospecting, management of A/R, resolve customer issues, and participate in special sales events i.e. tent sales, grand openings etc.
• College degree preferred, but not required
• Two or more years of outside sales and cold calling experience in telecommunications and/or a technology-related field
• Previous experience selling M2M (machine-to-machine) or IOT (Internet of Things) products & data services in the utility, public sector, and commercial business segments is preferred.
• Knowledge of LTE wireless technology advancements in products, applications, and services is a plus.
• Previous business-to-business sales, versus individual consumer sales, are highly desired
• General knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Daily travel required from office 75% of time and some overnight travel
• Experience working with Indirect distribution is preferred.
• Effectively models team work and Southern Company Values of Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, and Total Commitment in all aspects of job
• Must be a self-starter and able to work without direct supervision
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
• Ability to handle difficult situations, resolve conflict, and operate in an intensely competitive environment
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct acquisition and retention of subscriber accounts in a defined market area
• Ability to navigate the selling process from identifying prospects that meet the company’s targeted LTE data use cases, through design and implementation of a wireless LTE data solution.
• Work with existing Dealers to grow market share
• Provide sales coaching/training for Dealer Sales representatives
• Train, educate and motivate Dealers to sell the Southern Linc product and services line(s)
• Communicate relevant information to intended parties in a timely and effective manner
• Act as the single point of contact and secure strong relationships with assigned major customers
• Recognize and utilize the correct company resources to solve customer problems while achieving company business goals
• Develop market sales plan
• Work in a team environment
• Safety focused
• Positive attitude
• Ability to convey information in a manner that is compelling and convincing
• Ability to interface with individuals at all levels inside and outside the company on issues
• Ability to prioritize, manage and respond to the needs of a large number of customers of all sizes
• Ability to understand customer's key performance objectives, and how company products and services can contribute to customer's success
• Able to recognize when to bring in outside sales expertise in order to make the sale
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Alabama-South Alabama-Montgomery
Operating Company: Southern Communications, Inc.
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 75 % of the Time
Southern LINC (7088MONTGOMERY)
7088 Sydney Curve
Req ID: COM2000226