NextEra Energy Voice Engineer in Miami, Florida
Date:Sep 1, 2017
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 9426
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile; you've found us! At NextEra Energy, Inc. our people are our greatest assest and our IT Networking team is looking to grow their group with talented individuals. This role is a Senior-Level Voice Engineer with a strong understanding of Contact Center systems and Contact Center infrastructure, in a Cisco environment. Workload will primarily consist of Operational Support, Project Work, Troubleshooting and Implementation for the Cisco Call Manager and UCCE and UCCX environments with some support for Florida Power & Light UCCM network Infrastructure.
For candidates who are the right fit, this position may sit out of Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach offices. Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered:
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience or relevant technical trade school/training
- A minimum of 5+ years progressive work experience with Cisco Unified Communications product suite.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and UCCX 8.6 or beyond
- Cisco Enterprise Call Manager 8.6 or beyond VoIP
- Experience with Cisco CUBE, Voice Gateways, CUSP, CVP, VXML, Call Manager, IVR, ACD, Data Network Routers/Switches/Wireless, SRST, call routing, VoIP and UC.
- Experience working with network providers like AT&T and Verizon
- SIP trunking, ACME SBC’s and TDM/DID telephony experience
- Call Routing
- Automated call distribution (ACD)
- IP telephony
Network Management & Operational Support:
- Performs the operation, management, and maintenance of network systems and peripherals in order to enhance network operations.
- Responsible for technical support and administration of critical infrastructure voice network components (e.g., ACD, PBX (TDM & VoIP) SBC’s, voicemail, routers, switches, etc).
- Maintain and operate systems and services associated with FPL’s voice network infrastructure.
- Provides 3rd tier support in analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Work closely with other IT groups to ensure systems are maintained in an efficient manner, and communicate all issues, changes, outages, and maintenance in accordance with processes, procedures, and policies.
- Participates in developing, recommending, and establishing policies and procedures as needed.
- Provides on-site or remote support for project implementation as needed and requested.
- Work closely with peers, supervisor, team members and others as needed to identify, plan, prioritize and implement project deliverables.
- Perform testing and evaluations of new technologies in a lab environment.
- Evaluate and articulate market needs and opportunities for technology-based products and services.
- Assist IT professionals and application stakeholders in product implementation and use.
- Provide content-specific advice to peers and technical architects.
- Compliance and Process Improvement
- Assures compliance with industry and company standards.
- Continually look for and recommends opportunities to improve processes, reduce costs, increase efficiencies, etc.
- Apply security procedures for all work.
- May initiate process improvements
- UCCE Infrastructure support and management
- UCCX Infrastructure support and management
- Call Manager Infrastructure support and management
- Installation, Implementation and configuration
- Performance and benchmarking
- Provide on-call support
- Communication/Soft Skills:
- Strong writing skills
- Organized and articulate
- Conflict resolution
- Strong team worker
- Capable of working with business groups and clients
- Able to handle pressure
- Independent, self-starter, needs little or no supervision
- Assist other specialists, analysts and technicians as appropriate in developing their own technical skills through training, presentations and involvement in the process of maintaining and supporting these systems (installations, upgrades, troubleshooting, problem resolution, etc.).
Job Overview This job is responsible for ensuring the availability of in-house voice, data, and wireless network services, through planning, designing, and implementing networks across the organization. Employees in this role oversee the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Analyzes and resolves network hardware, software and performance problems, in a timely and accurate fashion • Provides end user and support staff training, where required • Applies in-depth knowledge and experience in own discipline, while continuing to acquire and develop higher-level knowledge and skills • Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve services • Builds in-depth knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers • Solves complex problems, while applying judgment and discretion • Analyzes possible solutions creatively • Acts as a resource for colleagues, offering instruction, guidance and direction to others • Direct the work of other staff members when needed • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Miami