NextEra Energy IT Information Security Manager- Cyber Incident Response Team Leader in Miami, Florida
IT Information Security Manager- Cyber Incident Response Team Leader
Date:Sep 15, 2017
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 13945
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description IT Security Manager – Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) Leader
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Cyber Security Operations & Threat Intelligence, this position provides central management and oversight of cyber security incident response for the enterprise. As the Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) Manager, the individual must be able to lead information security investigations affecting NextEra Energy Inc. in accordance with existing policies and procedures. The position will be responsible for high-level coordination and communication across various business units, overseeing operational execution of the program, and ensuring regulatory compliance requirements related to cyber security incident response are being met.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as incident response investigations include written reports and executive briefings. This position interfaces directly with senior leadership across business units to communicate complex investigations in non-technical business terms. The individual must possess a strong technical foundation and have the ability to recommend both tactical and strategic recommendations both during and post-incident.
Position is responsible for the development, planning, and coordination of new and existing aspects of the program including budgeting, collaboration, policy/standard/procedure development, scheduling, technology procurement and implementation. Position requires working experience in cyber security, information technology, risk management or similar related domains, preferably with direct management of large-scale incident response activities.
- Develop and lead the strategy for security incident detection, ensure adequate technical and process coverage, and address gaps
- Own the NextEra Energy Inc. Cyber Security Incident Response Procedure (CSIRP)
- In coordination with the Cyber Incident Leader and Corporate Emergency Preparedness group, ensure the CSIRP and associated emergency preparedness procedures are executed when responding to cyber security related incidents
- When needed, provide leadership of cyber security incident response efforts
- Provide direct and/or indirect management of CIRT and/or other cyber security analysts
- Manage a diverse workforce consisting of employees, contractors, and vendor service provider relationships, where applicable.
- Manage program budgets, resources, scheduling, and work tasks in accordance with agreed upon program goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain key cross-functional relationships with Corporate Security, Emergency Preparedness, HR, IT, Legal, Power Delivery, Power Generation, Nuclear, and other critical business unit areas
- Ensure continued compliance with all applicable regulatory compliance requirements including NERC CIP and NRC
- Respond to both internal and external audits/auditors as a CSIRP subject matter expert
- Develop, conduct, and participate in table top Incident Response exercises
- Maintain existing and establish new program metrics and/or trending reports to demonstrate program value to all levels of management
- Routinely develop and update incident response processes and procedures to ensure response activities align with best practices
- Provide timely, comprehensive and accurate information to stakeholders including staff, management, senior and executive leadership
- Recommend, procure, and assist with certain aspects of implementation of CIRT-related technologies, where applicable
- Work with cyber security management to analyze, recommend, and implement relevant technologies to enhance computer network defense (CND) and cyber event monitoring and response
- Work with business units to ensure critical systems and applications are monitored by the CIRT and improve existing or develop new processes where applicable Job Overview Employees in this role are responsible for technical, physical, and administrative safety of information systems. Individuals ensure data is safe from alteration or erasure, authenticate the identity of entities that information systems communicate with, and ensure closed networks have proper access control or open network with encryption.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Documents risk analysis and risk management programs in compliance with federal regulation
- Supports mergers and acquisitions, deciding how to integrate new users into existing systems
- Assists with development and implementation of user provisioning and work flow tools
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Provides technical guidance and consultation for customers as well as customer relations and communications
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Systems, Energy