NextEra Energy IT Cloud Architect in Miami, Florida
IT Cloud Architect
Date:Jul 31, 2017
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 3482
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile you’ve found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our biggest asset and our Information Technology team is seeking a Cloud Architect experienced with Cloud technologies and infrastructure architecture design.
Candidates should have a strong background in Windows and Linux based Systems, backup and storage administration, infrastructure performance and availability in public and private cloud environments. The candidate should also have in depth knowledge of application development and understand building cloud applications using containers. This role will provide strategic direction to NextEra and will guide application teams in migrating software securely to the cloud.
- Responsible for planning, designing and building NextEra’s cloud environment
- Possess broad knowledge of systems infrastructure with deep domain expertise in one or more areas: compute, networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, application performance and virtualization technologies.
- Expertise in Automation Tools (Chef /Puppet) on AWS Services
- Scripting languages (Ruby, Perl, Python PowerShell or other) a must
- Candidate will be responsible for providing support to complex application, performance and infrastructure issues leveraging cloud monitoring tools
- Identifies process improvements, inefficiencies, develops policies and procedures
- Collaborates with NextEra’s engineering and architecture groups; works with project team members to define requirements and deliver projects
- Partners with other Architects and project teams, to ensure integration of application / infrastructure architectures with enterprise blueprints and roadmaps
- Provides project oversight and support, to ensure implementations are consistent with defined architecture as well as consistent with business needs
- Presents technical strategies to customers, executives, peers, support staff and maintains technical roadmaps
- Excellent leadership, verbal communications and writing skills
- Familiarity with service design and pricing of cloud-based solutions
If this sounds like an exciting career path, please apply! We look forward to taking your career to the next level!
Job Overview This position serves as the top level technical expert and visionary, responsible for the development of strategy, design and implementation of an assigned technology or for the network or infrastructure components to support that strategy. Employees in this role produce documented frameworks, architectures and plans, which describe how to manage the implementation and integration of a technical environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Collaborates with end users, team members, and technology stakeholders, to define business requirements for systems development • Provides subject matter expertise, direction and assistance to analysts, developers, architects and end users • Communicates and enforces the technology standards policy, as pertains to the integration domain • Partners with other Architects and project teams, to ensure integration of application / infrastructure architectures with enterprise blueprints and roadmaps • Provides project oversight and support, to ensure implementations are consistent with defined architecture as well as consistent with business needs • Collaborates with supported business segments to ensure continuous improvement of application performance and scalability • Translates business requirements into an architecture vision • Recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility • Maintains in-depth knowledge of technologies and a strong awareness of company strategic business plans • Provides guidance to junior members of the team • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • Analytical Problem Solving • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications • Supplier/Vendor Relationships • Market research • Architecture (High level design) • Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Miami