National Grid Director, Complex Construction, Contractor Oversight (Gas) in Melville, New York
_About the Position:_
__ Leads the Complex Construction Group and develops and directs the long range strategic plan regarding pipeline contractors. Responsible for the execution of all complex construction projects across the service territory. Provides direction and oversight to the day to day relationship with contract service providers including; negotiations support, interpretation and application of established contractual agreements, and insuring that service level agreements are maintained. Ensures adherence to standards and best practices of pipeline construction for National Grid.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
__ · Within the Construction function support the VP of Project Management and Complex Construction to recruit, motivate and develop the construction team in order to maximize flexibility and effectiveness and promote positive team working and cultural change.
· Establish and manage key performance targets and financial budgets in order to optimize business performance in line with set objectives.
· Develop and implement process improvements and review policies relevant to construction operations.
· Provide oversight to contract spend (the largestUScontract portfolio) and construction delivery model to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives.
· Manage the day to day relationship with contract service providers, including negotiation, interpretation and application of established contractual agreements and/or service level agreements to ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes for National Grid.
· Ensure transmission, distribution, and gas constructions is appropriately assessed, designed, planned, resourced and scheduled in a timely and cost effective manner in order to ensure best value for National Grid.
· Understand inherent risk and evaluate regulatory requirements and SHE standards in order to determine probable impact on National Grid.
· Actively engage with SHE in order to plan, manage and implement appropriate policies in line with regulatory requirements.
· Manage ongoing storm response with key customers in order to design and ensure a balance in terms of the needs and priorities of all parties.
_Knowledge & Experience Requirements:_
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience. Masters degree is a plus.
· Demonstrates the ability to provide direction, the appropriate structure and effective resourcing to enable the team to deliver high performance.
· In-depth knowledge and and demonstrates deep understanding of the issues impacting the energy industry sector.
· Demonstrates the ability to build an independent opinion of customer needs, problems and/or opportunities and design appropriate solutions.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Proj Mgmt & Constr
Organization: *Proj Mgmt & Constr
Title: Director, Complex Construction, Contractor Oversight (Gas)
Requisition ID: 20171875