LG&E and KU Energy IT Intern in Louisville, Kentucky
Title IT Intern
Requisition ID 3695BR
Address 820 West Broadway
Job Function Intern/Coop
Position Purpose This intern position is responsible for entry level engineering and/or analytical activities associated with one or more technical areas such as but not limited to voice/data/video network design, engineering, network monitoring, network hardware and associated operating systems, third party products, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance or operations/user support. This position will provide engineering and support services for the Network Operations Center. Seeking a college student currently enrolled in school to work up to 20 hours a week, between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, with flexibility around school schedule.
Education & Experience • Completed sophomore year of undergraduate studies with declared major in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related discipline.
• Basic knowledge of Networking, network monitoring, scripting and orchestration languages (Python, Ansible or PowerShell is preferred).
• Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Job Description • Performs entry level network administration tasks.
• Troubleshoots and resolves elementary network problems.
• Installs and maintains network hardware and software.
• Assists in performance monitoring of network systems and the creation of network related automations.
• Develops and maintains diagrams documenting company networks.
• Assists in technology improvements and efficiencies. Documents analysis and recommendations.
• Effectively communicates with clients, peers and supervision by blending appropriate levels of technical and business detail to ensure issues are thoroughly understood by his/her audience.
• Perform other duties and special projects as directed and assigned by the manager.
Work Conditions Normal office environment.
Physical Effort Normal office environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Louisville Gas & Electric and Kentucky Utilities (LG&E and KU) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
© LG&E and KU
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
Learn more about equal employment protections:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources department ator call 502-627-2410, and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and phone number.