LG&E and KU Energy IT Intern - IT Program Mgmt in Louisville, Kentucky
Title IT Intern - IT Program Mgmt
Requisition ID 3729BR
Address 220 W Main Street
Job Function Intern/Coop
Position Purpose This intern position is responsible for assisting the IT Project managers to plan, monitor and execute IT projects. Under immediate supervision, the intern will gain hands on experience planning projects, updating project plans, monitoring risks/issues/financials and participating and leading status update meetings with project teams.
Seeking a student going to school full time (at least 12 credit hours) pursuing a bachelor’s degree to work 20 to 40 hours per week (8am-5pm – Monday-Friday) with flexibility around the student’s class schedule.
Education & Experience · Completed sophomore year of undergraduate studies with declared major in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
· Academic and practical experience MS Suite (Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
· Knowledge of IT terminology and system development lifecycle methodology (Cloud, Database, interfaces, Agile)
· Ability to collaborate in a team environment
· Ability and willingness to learn
· Attention to detail, flexible/adaptable
· Minimum 3.00 GPA
Job Description · Assist with the planning of IT projects (utilization of Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, SharePoint)
· Assisting senior project managers with various tasks, including updating MS project plans, producing reports, updating risk and issues logs, creating meeting agendas, producing project status updates and meeting minutes, running meetings and creating project management artifacts (e.g., charter, post implementation review, presentations, etc.).
· Manage multiple tasks while accurately maintaining a record of work accomplishments
· Perform other duties as directed and assigned by the manager
Work Conditions Normal office environment
Physical Effort Normal office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Louisville Gas & Electric and Kentucky Utilities (LG&E and KU) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
© LG&E and KU
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
Learn more about equal employment protections:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources department ator call 502-627-2410, and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and phone number.