Lakeland Electric Maintenance Mechanic I in Lakeland, Florida
This is semi-skilled work in the repair and maintenance of buildings and mechanical equipment. Work involves the responsibility for the performance of a variety of miscellaneous journey level mechanical and building trade tasks in general maintenance work. Supervision may be exercised over a small number of maintenance workers. Work is performed without close supervision but is reviewed in progress and upon completion. Example of Duties:
- Makes miscellaneous minor repairs and adjustments to HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems and fixtures; doors, windows and locks.
- Operates maintenance equipment; makes minor repairs to building infrastructures and furniture; cleans guttering; cleans HVAC systems.
- Repairs and maintains varied office equipment and building components.
Conducts preventive maintenance on air-conditioning units such as changing filters and cleaning drains. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs related work as required. Qualifications:
High school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
One (1) year of experience in a variety of building trades work at the journey level. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess and maintain a valid state of Florida driver's license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director. Supplemental Information:
Knowledge of the practices, methods and tools of the maintenance trade.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions peculiar to various mechanical trades.
- Skill in the use of a wide range of building trade tools and shop equipment.
- Ability to understand and work from sketches, penciled layouts and rough plans and specifications.
- Ability to keep routine records and to make reports.
- Ability to use electronic work order system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, other City employees and the general public.
*All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced. *
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic I
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $15.47 - $24.00 Hourly $1,237.82 - $1,920.27 Biweekly $2,681.95 - $4,160.58 Monthly $32,183.39 - $49,927.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Regular
Location: City of Lakeland, Civil Service, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: PW 11