NextEra Energy Sr Financial Analyst Proj Valuation in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Financial Analyst Proj Valuation
Date:Oct 12, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 10585
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Primary job is to perform of financial due diligence and prepare investment valuations of acquisitions and greenfield projects in the energy industry; including assisting in the planning and coordination of these assignments.
Principal Financial Analysts are expected to assist managers/directors in the planning and coordinating of assignments and work without supervision to identify and analyze the impact of relevant investment, environmental and/or business issues facing NextEra Energy on the company’s, financial structure, profitability, financial integrity and competitive position. Competencies include advanced abilities to comprehend, analyze, frame and resolve complex analytical issues and distill them into simple to understand analysis for management decision making; communicate the key investment benefits and risks to senior management; and provide expertise and support to other NextEra departments requiring financial consulting services or financial training.
- Assist in planning/coordinating engagement assignments with Development Group Leaders
- Review and sign-off of engagement work product/presentations
- Presenting at executive management vetting meetings
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies and standards for functional area (QAQC, document retention, model approaches, etc.)
- Implementation of Valuation Group's initiatives, goals and objectives
- Promote staff career development and advancement opportunities
- Assist in group hiring and training processes
- Work with third party bankers and consultants on acquisition related diligence as necessary Job Overview Employees in this role perform financial due diligence and prepare investment valuations of acquisitions and greenfield projects in the energy industry. Individuals are expected to work with limited supervision to identify and analyze the impact of relevant investment, environmental and/or business issues facing NextEra Energy on the company’s financial structure, profitability, financial integrity and competitive position. The successful candidate applies advanced abilities to comprehend, analyze, frame and resolve complex analytical issues and distill them into simple to understand analysis for management decision making, communicating the key investment benefits and risks to senior management, and providing expertise and support to other NextEra departments requiring financial consulting services or financial training.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Performs financial pro forma modeling and analysis work products • Coordinates engagement with Development leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) • Coordinates the gathering of SME assumptions • Reviews SME assumptions and resolves open issues • Prepares management presentations • Presents to Risk Committee/CFO reviews, and senior management vetting meetings (based on ability) • Assists in developing valuation standards and policies • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Experience: 5+ years
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- Master’s - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (0010) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami