NextEra Energy Senior Environmental Specialist - Site Assessments in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Environmental Specialist - Site Assessments
Date:Aug 10, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 12194
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Come join our winning team!! This position is in the Oil and Hazardous Substances Section of the Corporate Environmental Services Department supporting new project development for NextEra Energy Resources. An employee in this position performs Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) for All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) in accordance with ASTM E1527-13 and E2247-08 for properties identified for clean energy development. A successful applicant will be able conduct information searches, schedule site reconnaissance, identify Recognized Environmental Conditions, conduct personal interviews and develop final reports that clearly communicate related risks and conditions to meet the All Appropriate Inquiry standard. The applicant must have the appropriate level of knowledge and experience to qualify as an Environmental Professional for purposes of conducting All Appropriate Inquiry.
Applicant must have ability to support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues and ability to assist in comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews for potential acquisitions.
Employee must maintain current knowledge of pertinent national and state level environmental policies and regulations related to area of responsibility. Applicant must have the ability to effectively interface with internal customers, department subject matter experts, stakeholders, federal, state and local agencies.
The position requires frequent travel within the US of 50% or more.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications or skills:
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Advanced knowledge of ASTM E1527-13 “Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessments: Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment Process”, E2247-08 “Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessments: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Process for Forestland or Rural Property”, and USEPA Innocent Landowners, Standards for Conducting All Appropriate Inquiry (40CFR312)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and professional skills
- Strong organization skills, communications (written & verbal), integrity, leadership, and process/project management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft tools including MSOffice, MSWord, and Excel
GPS experience use in navigation and delineation. The following additional skills or qualifications will be beneficial:
40 hour HAZWOPER certification
- Knowledge of GIS software
- Familiarity with conducting wetland or vegetation surveys
- Working knowledge of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for agricultural operations and familiarity with land stewardship programs and practices.
- Project experience with remediation of soil and groundwater contamination.
- Knowledge of procedures related to sample and data processing (including preparation of calibration logs, Chain of Custody and field notes documentation)
- Small UAS Remote Pilot Airman Certificate
Apply today and make a difference!
Job Overview Employees in this job are responsible for providing expert environmental support for new and existing facilities including due diligence, permitting, regulatory compliance, regulatory interpretation and development, and interface with Federal, State, and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements • Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews • Assists with facility compliance audits • Conducts environmental licensing and permitting activities • Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions • Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers • Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience: 5+ years
Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (0010) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami