NextEra Energy Renewables -PGD Maintenance Specialist in Juno Beach, Florida
Renewables -PGD Maintenance Specialist
Date:Sep 15, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 14362
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Employees in this role direct a team of production and maintenance technicians and contractors in PV Solar and Battery Storage (PV and BESS) plant maintenance activities for the Distributed Generation portfolio. Individuals in this position lead internal and external resources to Deliver Certainty, executing plant transition plans and maintenance to achieve short and long term site goals and objectives in safety, environmental, compliance, reliability, availability and cost management. Position requires temporary assignment at PV and BESS sites during the transition from construction to operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Focuses on optimizing site maintenance and performance
- Develops technicians’ and contractors’ skills and knowledge
- Applies sound Process and Project Management Skills to deliver results
- Strong focus on new PV and BESS site transition
- Use of quality tools and techniques to solve complex problems
- Standardizes processes, procedures, and techniques to ensure repeatability
- Applies leadership skills for internal employee development and performance management
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned Job Overview Employees in this role direct a team of production and maintenance technicians and contractors in plant maintenance activities. Individuals in this position lead internal and external resources to Deliver Certainty, executing plant maintenance to achieve short and long term site goals and objectives in safety, environmental, compliance, reliability, availability and cost management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Focuses on optimizing site maintenance • Develops technicians’ skills and knowledge • Standardizes processes, procedures, and techniques to ensure repeatability • Applies leadership skills for internal employee development and performance management • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Process Management Concepts • Quality Tools and Techniques • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications • High School Grad / GED • Safety Policy and Practice • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:2+ years • Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs (0038) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami