NextEra Energy Pipeline Engineering Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
Pipeline Engineering Manager
Date:Aug 9, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 11643
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Join an innovative and dynamic company expanding into the pipeline sector. Use your pipeline design and construction expertise to manage Pipeline and Station engineering efforts and resources within the NextEra E&C pipeline team.
Your responsibilities will include technical support for Project Engineers ,overseeing welding, repair and NDE procedure development, trouble shooting project technical issues (HDD, hydrotest, CP, caliper run/ defect assessment), monitoring project quality metrics, ensuring compliance with Federal codes (CFR 192, 195, etc.) and Industry Standards (API, ASME, etc.) and reviewing and approving project documents. You will participate in project planning meetings, assist in the resolution of project engineering issues, develop and review engineering, procurement, and construction schedules, specifications, and procedures. Additionally you will support the development and review of equipment and construction contract scopes of work, requests for proposals, bid documents and award recommendations.
Ths is your opportunity to:
- Implement state of the art design concepts into engineering standards and design typicals, to reduce lifecycle costs
- Leverage modular concepts to improve installed cost and reduce construction durations
- Collaborate with other pipeline entities within NEE/FPL to develop cost effective standards and procedures
- Manage Lessons Learned documentation applicable to engineering and design methodologies Job Overview This position plans, develops, coordinates, and directs engineering projects or activities. Employees have full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs tasks that require original concepts and a high level of experience and expertise
- Provides expertise and leadership for the completion of assigned projects
- Leads teams or other small groups with special expertise in a particular field or discipline
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Engineering
- Experience: 7+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 3+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (0010) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-SC1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami