NextEra Energy Associate Resource Modeling Analyst WL in Juno Beach, Florida
Associate Resource Modeling Analyst WL
Date:Sep 30, 2017
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 13662
provides innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that enable low cost, reliable and sustainable power systems.
Position Specific Description In this position, you will support pre-construction solar and storage energy assessments, as well as provide other consultative services as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, determining project specific generation, computing customer savings analyses, assessing risks for contracts and tariffs, and finding creative solutions to optimize project size and design. The focus will be on distributed generation assets (20MW or less) for both front and behind the meter systems, but will support larger projects on an as needed basis. The role will also take part in strategic process improvement and new product development to help fulfill the company’s vision of building long-term value by providing innovative solutions for project investments in clean, affordable, and reliable power for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a background in both solar and energy storage systems.
Employees in this role are responsible for the modeling of long-term renewable energy, consultative services and risk assessment, and helping manage customer relationships. The candidate will work closely with Senior Resource Modeling Analysts and Research Scientists to understand and improve our sophisticated weather, engineering, and statistical modeling tools. Core services and deliverables include, but are not limited to, data collection and filtering, long-term resource and energy production estimates, technology file reviews and analysis, site suitability testing, investment approval support, financing support, and special projects.
Job Overview This job is an entry level position that will work closely with higher level Resource Modeling Analysts to understand sophisticated weather, wind flow, solar irradiance, and statistical modeling tools. Employees in this role are responsible for supporting the modeling of long-term wind or solar production with the objective of eventually assuming independent production responsibilities. Core services and deliverables include, but are not limited to, data collection and filtering, long-term wind or solar energy production estimates, power curve testing, investment approval processing, site suitability testing, financing support, and special projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews on-site wind and meteorological data from various sensing devices
- Sets up, monitors and analyzes numerical weather models (both meso- and micro-scale) to accurately understand the long-term wind/energy resource across a given area
- Sets up and executes in-house software and prediction tools to translate the long-term wind resource into energy production for a wide variety of turbine configurations
- Performs geospatial analysis using software and other industry-standard tools to identify turbine locations with maximum energy output and minimal impact to local land use
- Collects and filters solar irradiance and solar farm operational data
- Reviews electrical and structural drawings of commercial and utility scale solar farms
- Analyzes system energy loss due to wiring, transformers, soiling, snow etc.
- Diagnoses operating assets for plant optimization
- Provides investment due diligence and financing support
- Applies technical knowledge in support of new product development
- Provides site intelligence and field services, including construction screening, on-site instrumentation audits, shading analyses
- Provides meteorological instrumentation and siting recommendations
- Prepares written reports and presentations for both internal and external customers
- Travels to project sites to collect data, assists in permitting and community outreach, and participates in industry conferences - travel expectancy is between 5% and 25% of time
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 1+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology Organization: WindLogics Inc (0047) Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Sustainability, Wind Energy, Energy