AES United States CO-Associate System Operator-002871 in Indianapolis, Indiana
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
● High school graduate
● Must successfully pass pre-screening EEI exam System Operator/Power Dispatch (SOPD)
● High degree of electrical and mechanical aptitude
● Available for all System Operations shifts (24-7)
● Ability to pass NERC Certification exam within 6 months
● Accredited post secondary education in an engineering or technology related field
● Current NERC Certification
● Electric Utility experience in transmission and/or distribution operations
● Computer proficiency and effective verbal and written communication skills are requirements
● Ability to work in a real-time operations environment on all shifts and as a team member
● Understanding of power substation equipment, power system electrical fundamentals, and the ability to interpret substation one-line diagrams and electrical schematics
● Proficient in the English Language
● Electric utility job related experience or training
● Assists in a training capacity for the direct operation of the bulk electric system
● Assists the field switching operations performed by authorized personnel including Substation Inspectors/Switchmen, Substation Mechanics, Electricians, Linemen, Relay/SCADA Specialists, Troublemen and any other classification that may be required to operate equipment on the bulk electric system
● During emergency operating conditions, Associate System Operator works with department management to take the necessary actions to protect the transmission system integrity, prevent loss of life and minimize damage to transmission system components
● Participates in conferring with the System Operation Coordinators and other System Operations management personnel regarding matters affecting the operation of the bulk electric system
● Participates in conferring with the operation personnel of the interconnected utilities on a twenty-four hour basis, exchanging information necessary to maintain good interconnected procedures
● Assists in monitoring system conditions watching for abnormalities or other conditions that could affect the reliability of the bulk electric system; when such conditions are detected, the Associate System Operator may recommend to department management taking immediate action to remedy the situation
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. IPL is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: IPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world – from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That’s a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 19,000-person start-up – all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don’t just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.
Global Opportunities: www.aes.com/careers