NextEra Energy Senior Sales Consultant in Houston, Texas
Senior Sales Consultant
Date:Jul 13, 2017
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77070
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 10368
is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers in the United States, providing innovative energy solutions with affordable electricity plans, including 100 percent renewable energy plans, for Texas residential and business customers.
Position Specific Description Come join our ERCOT Sales and Commercial Growth team as we grow. Seeking a Senior Sales Consultant who a proven track record, knowledge of energy efficiency products or experience with solar distribution generation. Candidate must have a passion for helping customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their energy spend.
The primary objective for this role is to generate leads and manage the sale of HVAC, lighting, renewable energy, and other energy related services for the ERCOT market with minimal supervision, while developing strong strategic business relationships with customers within a designated sales territory. This position is located in Houston, TX and will report to the Director of Sales.
Our people are our biggest asset and we are offering a base salary plus commission. We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
Job Overview This job is responsible for selling high value energy performance contracting solutions in an assigned territory. Employees in this role develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans to drive profitable revenue growth while meeting operating targets.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with marketing, operations, legal, finance, and other key stakeholders to improve customer acquisition, service, and retention
- Develops account management plans and builds and expands customer relationships to maximize long term account growth
- Monitors the market and territory and proactively prospects to develop new business opportunities and a strong pipeline
- Understands new technologies and products/services and sell a full portfolio of energy related solutions
- Maintains an accurate and updated opportunity pipeline and provides accurate forecasting information by utilizing CRM system
- Executes the sales process, and fully applies consultative sales methodologies and techniques to drive competitive differentiation and deal closure
- Monitors external environment, competitive trends, and Voice of the Customer info to communicate to marketing about new product/services
- Ensures proper controls and compliance in accordance with corporate policy and procedures
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 6+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Sales Organization: Gexa Energy LP (0048) Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to,providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-NM1 Nearest Major Market:Houston