DTE Energy Gas Originator in Houston, Texas
Location: Houston, Texas
The Gas Originator is responsible for developing and maintaining all necessary external business relationships to generate mid to long term deals. This position develops new relationships and grows existing relationships to ensure profitability in line with company’s business plans, objectives and strategies. Working collaboratively with Trading, Structuring, Originators, Gas Scheduling and other assigned teams, the successful candidate will build a dynamic footprint and collaborate on daily, monthly, seasonal, annual and multi-year purchases, sales, transportation commitments, storage plays, customer development and peaking opportunities proactively. The ability to simultaneously coordinate numerous tasks is required to turn their region into a significant profit generator.
• Cultivate a key book of business serving as the deal maker.
• Develop strategic plans for a specific region.
• Serve as internal and external expert and sponsor in market areas of interest.
• Understand legal, regulatory and structuring concepts impacting customer and market development.
• Ensure all relevant internal controls are followed and develop new controls as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 years’ experience in natural gas sales, marketing, trading or origination.
• Thorough understanding of the physical natural gas grid.
• Understanding of financial tools available to manage risks associated with deal structures and harvesting of embedded optionality.
• Demonstrated success growing critical mass over multi-month and multi-year intervals.
• Excellent oral and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Windows based software applications, including Word and Excel.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Requisition ID: 18282