PSEG PSEGLI Project - Project Controls Eng - Cost in Hicksville, New York
Requisition ID: 34945
Job Function/Category: Transmission and Distribution
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This is a "Project" position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3-5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
The associate in this position will provide technical/analytical and functional support in the area of project management, project controls, and construction management processes for the Transmission & Distribution (T&D) organization.
The associate in this position will possess skills and expertise in the following areas: Project Scope coordination and analysis; Project Executive Plan preparation, coordination, & monitoring, Project Estimate preparation and coordination, Work package review; Project Schedule development; Critical path analysis; Contractor coordination and management; Project management assistance; Integrated cost and scheduling; Total Project & Annual Budget development; Financial analysis; Cost accounting and forecasting; Variance analysis; Performance reporting; Project change management; Risk & Contingency planning and root cause analysis.
The successful candidate will achieve the desired results of the T&D organization through the strict adherence of the T&D Process' and Procedures', PSEGLI Standards and the use of PSEG Values and Behavioral Standards, sound management practice, skills and a total commitment to teamwork. The candidate shall support T&D in accomplishing the desired scorecard results and ensure the quality and quantity of work performed is in compliance with Company standards and procedures, safe work practices, and government laws and regulations. Focuses on measurement of results and familiarity with the use of a balanced scorecard methodology
Major duties and responsibilities (include and are not limited to):
· Support each project's management team to provide an effective integrated cost and schedule monitoring program.
· Develop and implement standard cost, schedule and risk programs, processes and practices to ensure Design and Construction projects are performed in accordance with approved budgets and schedules.
· Develop, coordinate and maintain financial, schedule, estimate, budget, resource, procurement, risk and other data within Primavera P6, including performance indices such as CPI, SPI, Earned Value, and other Key Performance Indices (KPI's).
· Analyze schedule information and provide project teams with recommended corrective action to ensure projects meet required in service dates. Prepare detailed schedule reports as required (i.e. critical paths view, baseline vs. actual view, look ahead view, milestone view, “what-if” scenarios, etc.).
· Develop and implement project management information system (PMIS) tools to facilitate enhanced oversight and review of project and portfolio cost and schedule data.
· Develop, coordinate and maintain financial, schedule, estimating, work/resource management, procurement and document management methods and databases.
· Manage SAP financial master data and the enhancement of interfaces between SAP, Primavera P6 and other databases and query tools in order to improve the overall PMIS platform for T&D.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
· BS in Engineering, Construction, or Business discipline
· A Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience in the following:
o Experience with Project Controls experience (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, closeout) field
o Experience with Project Management Scheduling concepts (Activity Definition and Sequencing, Resource Estimating, Activity Duration Estimating, CPM and Baseline analysis, Earned Value, etc.)
o Experience with Enterprise Portfolio Scheduling Software tools (Primavera P5, P6)
o Experience with ERP systems for identifying and reporting actual costs posted to projects
o Experience with Integrated Data Management Tools such as Crystal Reports, MS Excel, MS Access, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Xcelsius, Oracle, Ariba, etc.
o Experience with Project Management Document management software tool applications experience (ECM, File Net, Sharepoint, etc.)
· Knowledge and experience in all aspects of project control, cost control and project performance reporting. Understanding of project management processes and knowledge of electrical construction operations.
· Must be a self-starter capable of seeking out project related information from Project Stakeholders.
· Capable of making presentations to project stakeholders and Management.
· Must have a valid drivers' license.
The most successful candidate will possess many of the following:
· Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement, questioning the value of every activity and creating better solutions.
· Demonstrates openness to change
· Successful track record of identifying and sharing best practices from within and outside the company.
· Bottom-line and deadline oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven.
· Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal).
· Strong skills in: negotiations, presentation, construction management, communication, and critical analysis.
· Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.