National Grid Automotive & Equipment Mechanic - Long Island in Hicksville, New York
_About the Position:_
Pay Rate: 23.68
Experience the personal challenge of working for a world class organization and leader in the utilities and energy industry as an Automotive and Equipment Mechanic in our Fleet Services Department on Long Island, New York. Our Fleet Department has openings for experienced automotive and/or equipment mechanics with a strong knowledge of the following automotive skills:
Perform diagnostic, repair, and preventative maintenance on gasoline / diesel / CNG or other alternative fueled company fleet vehicles including cars, trucks, construction equipment, including, auxiliary components in accordance with manufacturer s specifications.
Able to perform all type repairs to a multitude of motor operated vehicles and equipment, such as cars, light duty trucks, medium duty trucks, aerial trucks, man lifting trucks, digger derrick trucks and various of tracked or wheeled earth moving and digging equipment.
Conduct New York State Motor vehicle inspections such as: emissions, safety, heavy duty and NYVIP inspections.
Knowledgeable in the safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists and jacking equipment.
Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts as needed to execute repairs.
Adhere to manufacturers warranty policies and procedures.
Shall be consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resoling problems related to overall fleet maintenance.
Applicants will be required to take the company administered Field Assessment test, obtaining a passing grade before being considered for this role.
Candidates must have a high school degree or GED plus automotive vocational training or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years experience as a fleet maintenance technician, ASE certified is a plus.
- Must have the ability to diagnose and correct all vehicle systems, including but not limited to: diesel, fuel injection, electronic ignition, power hydraulic systems, ABC, CNG, OBDII, electronic engine controls, etc.
- Candidates must have a commercial driver's license
- Must be capable of obtaining tank, hazardous material and tow truck endorsement within 180 days.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform record keeping, electronic or hand written related to fleet maintenance.
- Must be physically capable of working areas above, below, in and around vehicles and safely operate associated machinery and tools, including but not limited to power tools, wheel balancer, brake lather, vehicles, hoisting equipment, several power operated wheeled and tracked vehicles and equipment.
- Must be reliable, neat in appearance, exhibit pride in workmanship, physically fit, willing and able to work extra/irregular hours including shifts, special assignment, and storm conditions while being alert and observing hazards and avoid accidents.
- Shall have demonstrated the ability and desire to learn and thoroughly understand new equipment and operating methods presented to the department as technology evolves
Notes: In addition to possessing the qualifications for this vacancy, employees selected will be expected to work overtime in accordance with departmental requirements and to participate in the Company's Emergency Restoration Program as may be required.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Operations Support
Organization: *Operations Support
Title: Automotive & Equipment Mechanic - Long Island
Requisition ID: 20171683