Eversource Energy Manager, Projects - Transmission in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Manager position that manages and oversees a team comprised of Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers and Associate Project Managers. Lead and manage the team of project managers to successfully execute the project portfolio.This position acts as the subject matter expert for the development, implementation and oversight of all programs and policies related to the project management of electric system transmission, distribution and substation facilities.This position ensures the portfolio of projects is completed within established schedules and budgets, as well as for the adherence to all safety, system, construction and industrial standards and specifications.This position also serves as the Project Manager on assigned complex or high risk projects, and is responsible for strategic planning and execution of these projects from conception through completion.
- Selects and oversees development of PM staff. Develops a mindset of ownership and employee accountability for outcomes and consistent level of productivity and quality of work.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of project management team. Builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through assessments and coaching.
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the project management team’s portfolio of projects is completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Responsible for meeting goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the portfolio of projects being managed by the PM team.
- Ensures that all aspects of the projects managed the team of PMs are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the development, implementation and oversight of all programs and policies related to the project management of electric system transmission, distribution and substation facilities.
- Responsible to act as Project Manager on key high risk/highly complex projects. Will be responsible for executive level status report out for these assigned projects and PM team’s portfolio of projects.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience.MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.Minimum of ten (10) years experience, including a minimum of five (5) years managing or supervising groups in transmission or distribution or related activities or equivalent. Demonstrated experience in working with construction contractors and managing large projects. Project Management Profession (PMP) is desirable.
Number of Openings:
Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.