Vectren Corporation Distribution Integrity Management Engineer in Evansville, Indiana
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. In our Gas Asset Integrity Management department, we facilitate the risk management program for our gas assets including distribution, transmission and underground storage facilities. We gather data, perform threat analysis, determine risks to the safety and operation of our assets, develop and manage both immediate and long-term mitigation plans to reduce the risk of failure of gas assets. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations, ensuring compliance integrity management regulations, and helping to continuously improve our processes to be an industry leader! We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Evansville is the 3 rd largest city in Indiana and lies within a 200-mile radius of four major metropolitan cities including Indianapolis, Nashville, Louisville and St. Louis. In 2016, Evansville was named America's Second Lowest Cost of Living at https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/rankings/cities/cost-of-living/ ! Located in the hub of our operations center and just minutes from downtown Evansville, our Evansville Wagner center provides an energizing and engaging atmosphere where you will love to come to work.
What you will be doing
· Prioritize and manage your own assignments and projects to completion. These projects can be diverse related from targeted data research, field threat assessment, asset strategy development and implementation to mitigation of a specific threat.
· Develop industry specific skills, knowledge, and an understanding of engineering and construction standards, compliance rules and integrity management.
· Develop relationships with internal and external customers.
· Working on cross-functional teams throughout the company and industry and leading through influencing.
· Working with data and systems to develop trend analysis, metrics and benchmarks for risk reduction and reporting.
· Manage multiple assignments and priorities concurrently, while looking for ways to continuously improve our processes to gain efficiencies and make your job easier!
· Participate in emergency response activities as needed.
What you bring
· A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology in an ABET accredited program
· Career ladder associated to the role so we are interested in candidates that range from recent graduates to experienced professionals
It would be awesome if you have:
· Mechanical, Civil or Chemical discipline
· Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license
· Experience in a regulated or utility environment
· Experience with AutoCAD, Geographical Information Systems, Enterprise Asset Management systems or similar applications
· Knowledge of gas transmission systems and integrity management
What we bring to you
· Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
· Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
· Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
· 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
· Paid holidays and paid time off
· Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Title: Distribution Integrity Management Engineer
Requisition ID: 1710000158