DTE Energy Engineering RDP Professional - Southeast Michigan in Detroit, Michigan
Engineering RDP Professional - Southeast Michigan-09214
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
The Gas Rotational Development Program (RDP), a 3-year rotational program is designed to recruit high-potential engineering graduates that will bring critical thinking, leadership, and technical/analytical skills to DTE. The program provides participants entering the workforce with hands-on experiences across a broad range of areas within DTE Gas. These experiences are meant to build the RDP’s knowledge of the natural gas industry and core business functions while preparing them for leadership and/or technical roles. Rotations in this program may occur in:
• Gas Operations
• Engineering Services
• Gas Control and Planning
• Transmission & Storage Operations
• Enterprise Performance Management
Typical Assignments :
PLEASE NOTE; THESE POSITIONS MAYBE LOCATED AT ONE OF OUR SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN SERVICE STATIONS.
- Supervision of assigned staff which may include both represented and non-
- Performs or ensures the accomplishment of the following core
supervisory/management functions for a given group(s) within a business
unit: planning, organizing, directing the performance of ongoing activities
and/or special / ad hoc assignments, staffing (employee selection,
training/coaching, performance management, and time entry), and reporting
Administers safety programs and ensures compliance with safety standards.
Plans, schedules, monitors, dispatches and controls work resources.
Uses CI tools to execute operational improvements.
Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices in areas of
Provides technical support to the field as required.
Prepares written procedures that facilitate construction, maintenance and
operation of the gas distribution system.
- Administers consistent application of applicable collective bargaining
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering and one or more year’s leadership
experience. This experience may have been obtained by leading a project or
individuals (group/team), either professionally or academically. Note:
Individuals who will be obtaining their degree within nine months of submitting
interest will be considered; however, verification of the degree will be required
prior to starting in the job.
• Preferred: Co-op, intern or prior research in engineering, operations or the
natural gas industry
• 3.0 GPA or higher in major
• Successful outcome of the Leader Pre-Hire Assessment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Preferred: Coop, intern or prior research in engineering, operations or the
natural gas industry
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide transportation for use on
• Must be able to travel and report for work at different locations (typically within
the company’s service area)
• Must comply with any relevant Company driving /operating standards, and
pass Department of Transportation drug screens; subject to random drug
• Must be able to work overtime and flexible hours as required
Job: Gas Distribution Operations & Maintenance
Title: Engineering RDP Professional - Southeast Michigan
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 09214