Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Safety in Cheshire, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Field Safety, this position establishes, defines and administers regulatory compliance and incident prevention activities regarding the safety of employees, contractors and the public, as they interact with Company operations.This position will promote safe work practices and a safe work environment for all segments of Operations (Electric, Gas, Fleet, Warehouse, etc.) within a specified region of Eversource.Ongoing safety observations, regulatory compliance audits, incident investigation and maintaining a close liaison with operating managers and supervisors is expected. This position also ensures the success in preventing occupational injuries and compliance with regulatory requirements and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains a close working relationship with operating personnel and advises managers and supervisors in all aspects of occupational safety.
- Trains, coaches and performs safety observations on a diverse, multi-discipline workforce to assure high safety standards. Observes behaviors and conditions within the work environment on a frequent basis and coaches employees regarding the value of working safely. Provides feedback on these activities to management and employees.
- Employs the incident analysis process when investigating all incidents and ensures adherence to all federal and state regulations. Follows up on proposed improvement plans after each incident.
- Assists management in developing improvement plans to prevent recurrence.
- Develops and delivers safety training.
- Advises management in problem solving and decision making to eliminate hazards in the workplace and participates in monthly safety meetings.
- Develops incident prevention and regulatory compliance programs in order to reduce injuries and incidents and protect Company assets.
- Inspects field work locations and Company properties to ensure a safe work environment to eliminate causal factors of injuries and illnesses.
- Develops relationships with customers from every level within the organization.
- Develops, revises and implements work practices and programs that enhance employee performance. Provides input and conducts projects to develop and update procedures and safety rules as required.
- Provides support during emergencies.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience.Minimum of five (5) years in operational activities required.Requires a thorough understanding of the Company’s safety rules. Also requires knowledge of Electric Overhead, Underground, Substation practices and procedures and Gas Service, Distribution, Gas Supply’s practices and procedures. Requires specific knowledge of Massachusetts and federal regulations (OSHA and DOT), safety laws, and Massachusetts Department of Public Safety as they pertain to the electric and gas industries.
Additional safety related training programs and certifications such as the National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate preferred. Requires completion of Associate Safety Professional within five (5) years and a Certified Safety Professional within seven (7) years.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.