National Grid Energy Plant Tech Licensed - A in Brooklyn, New York
_About the Position:_
_Pay Rate: $39.92_
Under the direct supervision of the plant superintendent be responsible for the coordination and accomplishment of plant maintenance and operation work, perform all duties related to and typically required of a journeyman mechanic. In addition, a certain level of experience and troubleshooting ability will be required in the assessment and diagnosis of all related building systems. The ability to read schematics, blue prints, shop manuals, cut sheets and electrical diagrams will be vital as the licensed technician plays a role of leadership amongst his or her junior co-workers.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
**The job duties listed below will be precursory to all of the responsibilities listed under the job description of energy plant technician “A” and energy plant technician “B”.
· Will have supervisory duties to junior mechanics and or helpers.
· Inspect refrigeration systems and all related auxiliary plant equipment to assist the superintendent in determining preventative maintenance, routine and emergency repairs.
· Performs duties and responsibilities with view towards Company goals and energy conservation.
· May be required to assist the superintendent with maintaining files of utility and building systems diagrams generated from field investigation.
· Effectively communicate orally, in writing and electronically.
· Maintains proficiency at current level and continually updates knowledge through appropriate courses, seminars, publications and contacts in the trade.
· Maintains a functional awareness of the typical hazards of the work place. Follows established procedures for dealing with such hazards. Organizes and maintains all MSDS compliance data.
· Strongly demonstrates the ability to read and interpret blue prints and system diagrams.
· Basic knowledge of building codes rules and regulations as well as the ability to understand corporate policy and procedure as related to the position.
· Tests the efficiency of large systems with instruments and make all necessary adjustments to improve or regulate operation of the said system.
· Tests large systems before putting them into operation.
· Leak test all joints and connections according to the type of refrigerant used.
· Repair of leaks and do tests.
· Evacuates system by means of vacuum pump.
· Recharge the system with refrigerant using proper tooling and test equipment i.e. manifold gauges.
· Operates the system for several hours, making necessary adjustments to thermostats and valves to ensure the proper control.
· The ability to use all diagnostic tools such as Amprobes, multi-meter, megohmeter, tachometer, micrometer, dial indicator, calipers, etc.
· Other duties as assigned by supervision.
· These duties are not meant to be all inclusive, but represent the typical type of work performed by employees in each job classification. The Company reserves the right to add, modify, or delete the duties or responsibilities shown as it deems appropriate. Employees in each job classification will also perform, as required, all duties of lower rated job classifications.
NYC Low Pressure Certificate.
NYC Air Compressor & Gases Certificate.
EPA Universal Certification for refrigerant handling and recovery.
A minimum of 3 years if the promotion is in-house.
A minimum of 5 years related experience if hired outside.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Physical demands and working conditions*
* See previous description*
Shift Work; Monday to Friday 7:00AM to 3:30PM
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Chief Customer Offiicer
Organization: *Chief Customer Officer
Title: Energy Plant Tech Licensed - A
Requisition ID: 20171986