Iberdrola USA Section Operator - (Trainee/Apprentice NYSEG 51086) Binghamton NY in Binghamton, New York
Business and Department
NYSEG-NY-Binghamton ECC Vestal,NY
A. Duties: Under directive supervision coordinates the operation of Section facilities which may affect the electric and gas transmission and distribution systems. Typical duties include: 1. Coordinates the outage of lines and equipment for testing, maintenance and repairs to assure continuity of service in cooperation with Area and District operating personnel. 2. Issues switching orders for de-energizing, grounding, tagging and re-energizing transmission, sub-transmission, distribution, substation and generating plant facilities. 3. Assures rigid observance of "Operating Instructions for Switching and Tagging Procedures of Electric Lines and Equipment", and standard procedures for gas operations. 4. Makes initial analysis of trouble in his Section and initiates action to minimize interruptions. 5. Operates and monitors supervisory controlled electric substations throughout the Section. 6. Monitors and maintains gas pressures at given locations within predetermined limits by means of supervisory control equipment. 7. Keeps logs of operations in his Section to supplement automatically recorded data. 8. Marks up system diagram boards to conform with current field conditions. 9. Receives trouble calls when customer service personnel and switchboard operators are off duty. Dispatches crews for minor troubles during this period. Recognizes unusual conditions and situations and informs responsible Corporate, Area or District operating personnel. 10. Performs other related or less skilled work as required.
B. Experience, Education and Special Information Required: 1. Must possess A.A.S. degree in Electrical Technology or practical experience and minimum technicalknowledge as determined by an appropriate test.
- Should have had 3 years' experience in electric operating or related functions.
- Will be expected to absorb Company training in Section Operating work, measured by appropriate job knowledge tests, as described in the Memorandum of Agreement titled "Section Operator Training Program". This includes general knowledge of the operation of generating stations, transmission and distribution lines, substations, gas distribution systems, geography of Company territory, Company Safety Rules, "Operating Instructions for Switching and Tagging Procedures of Electric Lines and Equipment", and standard procedures for gas operations.
- Must be able to qualify for Automobile Operator's License, when required. C. Physical Qualifications:
- Normal health, physique and use of senses as indicated by passing the required physical examination given by a Company physician, including color perception. D. Personal Qualifications:
- Must possess analytical ability and emotional stability.
- Must be neat and orderly in work and preparation of records.3. Must be willing to work extra and/or irregular hours and/or a shift schedule.
- Must be able to receive and transmit orders and instructions in such a manner as to inspire respect and confidence.
- Must meet the general requirements for all employees as outlined in the Preamble to the Job Specification Manual
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 877-387-9061 or email@example.com.
Company: New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG)
Job Title: Section Operator - Trainee/Apprentice (2 openings)
Location: Binghamton, NY (NYSEG-NY-Binghamton)
Cross Company Responsibility: N/A
Publication date: 22.08.2017