MDU Resources Group Mechanic(s) (Seasonal) in Billings, Montana
We are currently accepting applications.
Responsible for safely keeping trucks and equipment running and properly maintained.
[Davis Bacon Wages may apply]
Valid Class B CDL with air brakes (Class A CDL preferred). Qualifying driving record under company policy. Heavy truck and equipment repair experience preferred. Have own tools. Successfully pass the post-offer pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical, DOT physical, and pre-work screen exam.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on trucks and all types of equipment, and/or assisting with repairs/improvements/maintenance of trucks and equipment to assure it is in safe working condition.
- Safely operate equipment, standard and specialty tools, welders, hoists and other lifting devices, etc., on a daily basis.
- Troubleshooting truck and equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary. Read, interpret, analyze and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
- Anticipate needed parts and supplies, disassemble truck, equipment and parts, fabricate parts when needed, and reassemble truck, equipment and parts.
- Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks.
- Clean work areas.
- Fill out shop repair orders daily.
- Drive and maintain mechanic’s truck.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Frequent contact and communication with others within and outside the company. Self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team setting; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
- Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
- Ensure OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- May be required to operate and maintain company vehicle to perform field service repair, then operate repaired truck and/or equipment to ensure proper working condition after repairs have been completed.
- Responsible to provide own basic hand tools, pneumatics, and some specialty tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
We offer a full benefit package which includes 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision. We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to background check.
Although we may not currently be hiring for this position we are always accepting applications.
You may apply online at jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: PO Box 80066 Billings, MT 59108-0066
Company: Knife River - Billings Division
Location: Billings, MT
Hiring Manager: David H Resch
Closing Date: 10/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time