Exelon Combustion Turbine Plant Manager in Bethesda, Maryland
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join BGE HOME to be a part of the team that offers a wide range of energy-related products and services that address the comfort and energy management needs of residential and small commercial customers in Maryland.
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
Responsible for all aspects of assigned facilities including Profit and Loss, adherence to assigned contracts, customer satisfaction, risk mitigation and revenue growth through additional services and new sales. Acts as the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager for assigned plants.
Manager, Asset Operations
Facility operations personnel and others as assigned
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the Environmental, Safety and Health programs.
· Maintain relationships with all regulatory agencies.
· Manage the operations of assigned operating facilities in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
· Manage P&L for assigned operating facilities.
· Responsible for all key indicators for assigned operating facilities.
· Responsible for ensuring published Company operating and safety policies and procedures remain current within the guidelines of regulatory agencies.
· Manage customer service, relationships, contracts, etc.
· Assists project development, design management and construction to ensure operations will meet all contractual obligations/performance guarantees.
· First contact for all external communication, media inquiries, etc.
· Responsible for public awareness of the business and the company’s reputation with the general public.
· Oversee and manage the training of direct reports to ensure compliance with published Company operating and safety policies and procedures.
· Assure compliance with environmental regulations.
· Demonstrated knowledge of efficient operations of combustion turbines, heat recovery systems, customer demand side management, etc.
· Manage the supervision of all operations personnel and coordination of scheduling activities and personnel with direct reports.
· Oversee fuel oil and natural gas procurement, transfer and storage as applicable.
· Manage assigned facility to assure the safe, efficient, and continuous commodity production to meet system demands.
· Manage manpower levels for the facility.
· Manage customer related issues.
· Manage training programs for operations personnel.
· Prepare and discuss performance appraisals for direct reporting personnel.
· Supervise safety and assure that Company safety policies and procedures are followed by all personnel working in and around the plant.
· Effective understanding of the principles and regulatory requirements for overseeing operations involving water management quality, outfall controls, fuel systems, controls, metering, and personnel management.
· Demonstrated ability to compose and write technical reports and recommendations.
· Demonstrated knowledge and facility with computer software (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets).
· Demonstrated knowledge of union/non-union shop management.
· Valid driver’s license and insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier.
· Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
· Ten years experience in operating stationary or marine utility operations.
· Five years management and P&L experience.
· Five years EHS management experience.
· Creative thinking.
· Customer focus.
· Integrity and trust.
· Intellectual horsepower.
· Interpersonal savvy.
· Attentive and active listener.
· Well organized.
· Ability to solve difficult problems
· Results oriented.
Other(including physical requirements, working conditions, etc.):
· Ability to climb and tolerate heights up to 75 feet and to tolerate confined spaces.
· Ability to lift up to 65lbs.
· Occasional travel requiring overnight stays.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Combustion Turbine Plant Manager
Requisition ID: 207718