Exelon General Engineer in BERWYN, Pennsylvania
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
GENERAL ENGINEER: PROTECTION & CONTROL
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION-
Based on candidate education and experience the position may be offered as a Sr. Engineer
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelons electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. ; Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. ; Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Responsible for the relay protection & control engineering including detailed design for high voltage substation and transmission projects through 500kV.
· Depending upon complexity of the project, the candidate may prepare, provide guidance, or assist in preparing and developing the engineering deliverables for electric substation projects - including the development of one & three line diagrams; schematics and wiring diagrams; relay settings and calculations; control and relaying panel layouts and specifications; control and relaying panel and equipment wiring diagrams; SCADA system and communications interfaces including RTUs, HMIs, and IEDs; commissioning and functional testing specifications.
· Will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate protection and control package and requirements.
· Other duties include developing technical specifications, development of project design basis, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer.
Influences project decisions having a moderate impact on the company
Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
GENERAL ENGINEER: PROTECTION & CONTROL
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer in PA: (2,3)
●Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems
●Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
●Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
Five or more years of professional engineering experience. ( 1)(3) see note
Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific discipline, various installations or services.
Minimum of two related career experiences ( 4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) or equivalent training experience such as an advanced technical degree, MBA or Certification in Project Management.
Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Graduate degree or Graduate (1) level work in Engineering.
Working toward Professional Engineer
Knowledge of electromechanical or microprocessor relays and understanding of protection and control of electrical transmission and distribution system
Experience in Protection Relay, Control, and scada systems.
Knowledge of Power System Symmetrical Components.
Knowledge of NERC and other regulatory compliance requirements.
Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Experience in the utility industry
(1) Master’s degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master’s degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Title: General Engineer
Requisition ID: 208098