Eversource Energy Senior Material Planning Analyst in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position prepares and maintains material commodity plans in support of the required inventory levels to successfully support operational construction, maintenance, and reliability programs across Eversource businesses. The position also performs demand planning, supply planning, and replenishment analysis to meet material positioning requirements. The Senior Material Planning Analyst must also be proficient in the mining and associated analysis of data to enhance the material commodity plans and support decisions made. The position will also have a strong understanding of supply chain concepts and processes to maximize material control, and to maintain a healthy inventory profile.
- Responsibility for ownership, strategic communication and execution of material commodity plans across specific lines of business.
- Ability to lead a team of analysts with specific roles and responsibilities to successfully achieve goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain detailed strategic material commodity plans in support of operational business.
- Continuously analyze material demand, supply demand, and replenishment requirements for assigned commodities and across businesses.
- Make strategic material buying decisions based on the details of the commodity plans and analysis.
- Utilize query and data mining tools to gather and segment data for analysis in support of material decisions made.
- Develop metrics and tracking tools that support the success of the strategic commodity work.
- Develop, maintain, and nurture complex and or critical internal and external business partner relationships to assure success for the Material Planning Group.
- Consistently and effectively communicate progress of key metrics, analytics, and initiatives that are critical to the success of the Material Planning Group and the Supply Chain organization overall.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Solid understanding of business, financial & inventory management principles, benchmarking & supply chain best practices, and process improvement methods. Expert level analytical and Microsoft Office skills, and ability to read/write SQL to perform data mining activities and analysis.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, or similar data intensive discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years related work experience required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.