Eversource Energy Program Manager, Electric Operations in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is accountable for the management of programs and projects required to meet the system reliability, safety and customer service standards agreed to with the Department of Telecommunications and Energy (DTE). This position will direct and manage the overhead and underground projects required to attain the annual goals for double pole replacements, circuit reliability improvements, stray voltage inspections and manhole inspections, repair and upgrade, as well as other programs. This position will also coordinate the planning, scheduling and allocation of internal and external resources with Electric Operations and Engineering Managers, as well as direct the tracking and reporting of program milestones and provide periodic updates to Senior Management.
- Leads the review and assessment of all studies, analyses, reports and resources necessary to meet the DTE service and reliability performance standards and assists with the selection and timing of projects with Electric Operations and Engineering managers, as well as Senior Management.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an integrated project plan with Engineering and Electric Operations managers. Leads the establishment of project goals, milestones and required resources. Coordinates and integrates the use of internal resources and contracts and manages additional services with external vendors as necessary to meet performance goals. Monitors operating and financial objectives and ensures alignment with organization and corporate goals.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective installation, maintenance, restoration and construction of the overhead and underground distribution system relating to the DTE agreement, and ensures this work is completed in compliance with Company and government operating and safety standards and requirements.
- Responsible for the work performance of assigned Eversource and contracted personnel and assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support the completion of project plans. Shares in the management, selection, coaching and development of assigned staff.
- Works with Community Relations to appraise city and town leaders, as well as civic groups, as to the progress of the reliability, safety and maintenance programs.
- Oversees the preparation of all reports relating to the progress of all programs and projects and provides periodic updates to Electric Operations and Senior Management, DTE and the Attorney General’s office.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and Electric Operations managers, assists in defining and implementing a labor relations strategy that enhances employee productivity and enables the achievement of the reliability and safety program commitments.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, related discipline or equivalent experience.MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.Minimum of ten (10) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities. Requires a thorough understanding of distribution system operations and maintenance practices, issues and activities within the electric utility industry.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.