Eversource Energy Procurement Sourcing Agent - Field Services in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position will be responsible for providing sourcing services to the organization based on predefined service levels. The Sourcing Agent will execute a medium dollar and medium complexity sourcing project from start to finish that includes requirements analysis for the bid packages, communicating with the requesters to close any data gaps, publishing the package to the identified suppliers for bidding purposes, following up with the suppliers to ensure adequate participation, summarizing proposals back to the requester with best evaluated award recommendations. The Sourcing Agent will be tasked with certain projects and negotiates the purchase of materials, equipment and services for medium to high dollar, medium complexity purchases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Initiate new projects based on high spend profile, potential for savings, upcoming contract expirations, and capital projects. Assists internal clients to specify needs and define supplier performance expectations. Analyzes and validate policies and practices driving demands.
- Gather and interpret market and competitive intelligence to advocate for efficient, less resource-intense processes, evaluate supplier capabilities and understand / prepare for emerging technology.
- Works with internal clients to periodically review supplier effectiveness; remain abreast of evolving internal client needs and keep clients aware of evolving market capabilities.
- Establish business cases supporting sourcing recommendations. Conducts negotiations with suppliers on pricing and contractual terms and conditions and develops contracts supporting our business requirements, including clearly defined service expectations/goods specifications, performance measurement practices and shortfall remedies.
- Engages client to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to client’s longer term business strategy.
- Plans sourcing events with business to manage contract end dates and allow for transition. Executes all stages of the sourcing process to meet timelines for the category team.
- Partner with internal clients to implement efficient ordering routines that include appropriate controls within operations. Assists departments implement sourcing changes, especially if moving to a new supplier and for more significant spends and services.
- Handles day to day administration of the contract process, executes amendments to contracts with oversight from Legal, monitors and maintains Certificates of Insurance. Manages contract administration, coordinates with end users and suppliers, and provides oversight and co-ordination with the business.
- Provide support for and adhere to all procurement policies and procedures and ensure compliance. Support all audit requests to maintain compliance to all corporate policies.
- Works with business partners on planned or in-process RFPs or contractual agreements
- Negotiates and executes medium dollar / complexity contracts.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires basic knowledge of procurement / sourcing, supply market trends and supplier economics. Basic understanding of contract language terms and conditions as well as experience drafting contract agreements. Solid understanding of business / financial principles. Must possess the skills to interpret and analyze data in order to present and interpret outcomes. Must be able to explain data to all end users and to identify sourcing opportunities from data. Must be able to analyze contracts, terms and conditions, and ramifications of contractual verbiage as it relates to the product, service and supplier in question. Full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems. Strong problem solving, decision making, and influencing skills. Strong negotiation skills. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills. Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize against time sensitive deadlines. Proficient skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree required. An MBA preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years related experience. Demonstrated experience with strategic sourcing responsibilities for various commodities, both products and services, in operational procurement and sourcing.
Licenses & Certifications: Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Six Sigma, Lean, Process or Project Mgmt certifications desirable
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.