Eversource Energy Procurement Agent - Indirect in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. Eversource supports 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service.
This position will be responsible for supporting sourcing services to the organization based on predefined service levels. The Procurement Agent will assist with the execution of low dollar and low complexity sourcing project from start to finish that includes requirements analysis for the bid packages, communicating with the requesters to close any data gaps, publishing the package to the identified suppliers for bidding purposes, following up with the suppliers to ensure adequate participation, summarizing proposals back to the requestor using the intersection of cost, quality and outcomes (CQO) as the basis for presentation. The Agent will work on projects under the direction of the Sourcing Leaders and will support the negotiation of materials, equipment and services for low dollar, low complexity purchases
Eversource’s Shared Services category consists of Facilities, Fleet, Environmental, IT Telecom, Energy Efficiency, Customer Care, Professional Services and Investment recovery:
- Support to procurement sourcing teams, internal business partners and suppliers on assigned procurement activities. Provide support to Sourcing Agents by collecting market data and assisting with data analysis.
- Develop sources of supply, establish procurement schedules and assist in supplier pre-qualification activities.
- Administrative and data collection support for RFPs, pricing analysis, contract signatures.
- Obtain valid insurance certificates.
- New vendor setup administration and vendor changes using templates.
- Process contract amendment requests and contract/purchase order changes: assigned agent, invoice approver date extensions.
- Support for general file records management, including pulling general files for audit and other related requests.
- Assist in negotiation of price and commercial terms and conditions.
- Supports negotiations of low dollar value purchase of materials, equipment and services.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Basic knowledge of business and financial principles. Ability to read and understand procurement documents such as contracts. Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills. Strong communication and business writing skills. Intermediate skill level with MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education : A Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: A minimum of zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience. An Internship in Supply Chain or Procurement preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.