Eversource Energy Manager, Distribution Standards Engineering in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Plans, schedules, coordinates and supervises standards engineering activities involving the development, publication, maintenance and compliance audits of electric distribution construction standards, material standards, and material specifications for the Eversource system; coordinates and supervises publication of other standards and specifications for the Engineering and Operations (E&O) Organization as requested; and provides assistance in developing and maintaining standards for the Construction Management System (CMS).
- Plans, schedules and supervises the engineering design and publication of overhead, direct buried, underground and streetlight electric distribution construction standards including safety, code compliance, maintainability, economic evaluation, material specification and electrical/mechanical serviceability.
- Plans, schedules, and supervises the development and publication of material standards for overhead, direct buried, underground and streetlight electric distribution construction and maintenance on the basis of material specifications and in conjunction with the Purchasing and Stores function for the Eversource system.
- Supervises the preparation of drawings and sketches for approved standards.
- Supervises assigned personnel in the performance of standards compliance audits in the field.
- Supervises assigned personnel in auditing of incoming distribution material to assure vendor compliance with material standards and specifications.
- Supervises the review and approval of purchase requisitions for nonstandard distribution material in order to assure maximum benefit of standardization.
- Supervises the analysis of distribution equipment failure reports, performance of additional investigation and testing as necessary, and implementation of necessary corrective measures; coordinates these activities with the field, Purchasing and Stores functions and others; and provides records and statistical reports in support of these activities.
- Supervises assigned personnel in qualification of technical competence, selection and approval of manufacturers and suppliers of electrical distribution system materials in coordination with related distribution functions and Purchasing and Stores functions.
- Provides assistance in developing standards for CMS and Distribution Work Management Systems (DWMS).
- Establishes and/or supervises establishment of emergency spare requirements for cables, cable connectors, transformers and other critical distribution materials as may be required due to supply conditions.
- Supervises the development and conduct of training activities associated with the application and use of distribution standards.
- Supervises assigned personnel in assisting the Purchasing and Stores function in forecasting material and equipment needs and inventory requirements for the distribution system; coordinates the distribution functions field and staff input.
- Provides assistance to Purchasing and Stores function in determining the disposition of surplus distribution material.
- Supervises review of and/or reviews proposed local, state, regional and national standards, specifications and guidelines involving electric distribution materials; recommends approval or other action by Eversource management.
- Supervises the development and maintenance of the distribution list for the efficient issuing and maintaining of construction, design and material/specification manuals for the Eversource system.
- Supervises the publication of standards and specifications for other functions in the E&O organization as requested.
- Participates in various state, regional and national organizations involved in the standardization of electric distribution materials, specifications and construction designs (i.e., DPUC, ECNE, EEI and USA Standards).
- Recommends and participates in construction and material standards oriented research activities involving the transmission and distribution systems.
- Supervises the development, implementation and maintenance of computer programs used to support the standards effort including equipment failure reporting, control of standards construction, design and material/specification manuals, and other suitable functions.
- Coordinates standards oriented activities and input of comments and ideas of Purchasing and Stores function, T&D E&O staff and region/area field personnel, manufacturer's representatives, architects, contractors, government officials, and others in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Serves on-call and during emergency restoration efforts.
Baccalaureate degree in electrical engineering.Ten years experience in distribution engineering and operations with emphasis on construction, materials and design.
- Thorough knowledge of electric distribution systems and equipment, NUPARS-PSAP, CMS and General Accounting, Capital Program and computer engineering applications.
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and national codes, regulations and policies, governing the construction, operation and maintenance of electric distribution systems.
- Leadership in directing the productive efforts of engineers and technicians in the field of electric distribution standards.
- Ability to provide structured and systematic approach on determining root cause failure analysis for all types of distribution equipment and components, and ability to select best methods to prevent reoccurrences.
- Basic knowledge on determiningreliability or probability of failure rate of distribution equipment and components.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and with counterparts in outside organizations.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to analyze information, determine facts, and make decisions accordingly.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.