Eversource Energy LEAD ELECTRIC SERVICE SUPPORT CENTER TECHNICIAN in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position works as part of theElectric Service Support Centerteam responsible for the high volume of incoming calls and correspondence from its customers; with quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
Customer requests may include but are not limited to new installs, upgrades, and removal of electric service; for both residential and commercial customers.
In addition to performing the functions of anElectric Service Support CenterTechnician, individual will supervise, coach, guide, and monitor the day to day operations of theElectric Service Support CenterTechnicians. This includes directing Technicians in their daily work responsibilities by assigning tasks, answering questions, addressing issues, and recommending courses of action.
Individual must be team oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), as he or she develops and maintains strong relationships with the team and the associated departments and organizations depended upon to satisfy customer requests.
Being highly knowledgeable with interpreting and implementing numerous policies and procedures, and providing superior customer service is a must to meet the job requirements.
Individual will work both independently and in conjunction with theSupervisor – Electric Service Support Center.
Individual will partner with the otherElectric Service Support Centerswithin the Eversource service territory to build synergies, efficiencies and likeness with performing work tasks across state boundaries and will leverage resources where possible, in an overall effort to provide superior Customer Service.
- Individual will manage and prioritize the day to day work activities of theElectric Service Support CenterTeam; including but not limited to developing work processes, supporting the administration of policies and procedures, and the implementation of work schedules and assignments to ensure proper coverage for the department’s operations.
- Individual will be responsible for ensuring theElectric Service Support CenterTeam consistently obtains information relevant to the design and construction of service requests and responds to questions from customers; including but not limited to technical requirements for electric service connections, schedule dates, inspection requirements, and licensing and easement requirements.
- Individual will support all efforts to ensure theElectric Service Support CenterTeam is successful with serving as the primary point of contact and advocate for the customer, contractor, and/or municipal official(s).
- Individual will be responsible for monitoring the overall performance of theElectric Service Support CenterTechnicians; including but not limited to monitoring telephone calls, work management system activities, and customer correspondence.
- Individual will establish and maintain relationships and continuously interact with Eversource employees across the organization; including but not limited to Engineering, Electric Operations, Customer Billing Services, and Remittance Services.
- Individual will receive and answer escalated inquiries from customers, electricians, town inspectors, municipalities, and other internal/external customers, and will be responsible for proper and timely response, resolution, and follow-up communications.
- Individual will recommend, evaluate and implement process improvement initiatives and influence the streamlining of work activities.
- Individual will support the development maintenance, and testing of the internal and external web sites, and work management systems.
- Individual will participate in the interview process for new hires and will provide input with performance evaluations of the Electric Service Support Center Technicians.
- Individual will have an emergency storm assignment.
- Associate’s degree in electrical technology, business, or the equivalent in combined education and experience plus six years of related experience is required.
Ability to perform a variety of tasks requiring initiative, sound judgment, organization, and prioritization is required.
Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code is preferred.
Utility and/or electrical experience is preferred.
Storms Work Management System (including i-Scheduler) experience is desired.
C2 experience is desired.
Applicants may be required to successfully pass the Technician aptitude test.
Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and decision making, to resolve internal and external customer inquiries, needs, and concerns related to electric service requests.
Individual will be seated, on the telephone, wearing a headset, and using a computer and keyboard for the majority of the work day.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.