Eversource Energy IT Technology Manager, Hybrid Cloud & IT Processes in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position will manage the hybrid cloud data center infrastructure that includes the on premise data centers and cloud platforms. This individual is responsible for managing the cloud SLAs, oversight of the provider’s controls, administration definitions of platform as a service offerings and cost allocation. The Individual will also coordinate with the corresponding Infosys service delivery lead any items related to the delivery of cross functional services and data centers. This position serves as process owner of critical IT processes such as problem, and change. This position includes general oversight of the data center s either contractually in the cloud or on premise and will manage CIP support for CIP assets within this domain. This role will work closely with Architecture to ensure a joint cloud and system based strategy.
- Manages cloud platform and data center infrastructure SLAs.
- Supports audit of cloud platform or infrastructure providers.
- Established administration definitions of platform as a service offerings.
- Tracks and reports cloud cost allocation.
- Oversees the operations of the Eversource on premise data centers.
- Oversight and assist with Designing and developing Azure/AWS cloud services.
- Strong experience in working with Microsoft Azure. Experience with Azure PaaS (app Services) is must.
- Build and automate Azure services which involve scripting, architecture and build.
- In depth knowledge of full life cycle implementation of a Project on Azure Platform.
- Provides oversight to cross functional services and associated processes.
- Evaluate licenses requirements, evaluation of root cause technical solutions proposed by the supplier, and approval of ARCS or RRCS in this domain.
- Experience in Azure IoT, Analytics and reporting tools like PowerBI is a plus.
- Will consult with Architecture and Projects to ensure high value solutions that leverage the supplier SOW, cloud offerings and Eversource assets to insure the highest value for Eversource.
- Provides technical support to the Hybrid cloud environment evaluating performance, contract true up or any technical related contract questions.
- Manage CIP support for CIP assets within the enterprise data centers.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Effective leadership, coaching and performance management/assessment skills. Ability to analyze and manage budgets effectively. Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplined teams when conducting technology incident root causes and/or investigations. Working knowledge of IT business practices and strategies. Experience and mastery knowledge of cyber-security principles, technologies and processes. Strong analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to solve complex technical problems. Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers. Experience with Azure and AWS is a must.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years related experience is required of which 3 years includes supervisory/leadership responsibility.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.