Eversource Energy Energy Efficiency Consulting Co-op in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for assisting Energy Efficiency Consultants in the processing of energy efficiency applications as well as business development, research and application process. Energy Efficiency Consultants serve as the “point person” for a specific energy efficiency program and are responsible for all aspects of implementation planning, delivery, customer service, vendor management and financial and statistical record keeping.
- Assists Energy Efficiency Consultants in the processing of retrofit energy efficiency applications. Energy Efficiency Consultants serve as the “point person” for a specific energy efficiency program and are responsible for all aspects of implementation planning, delivery, customer service, vendor management and financial and statistical record keeping.
- Reviews and processes Energy Efficiency applications such as secure manufacturer specifications sheets & invoices from vendors.
- Attends meetings with Vendors, Engineers and Customers
- Follows up on meeting actions
- Monitors project completion dates
- Retrieves customer information to process applications
- Prepares and maintains analysis spreadsheets
- Assists with the management of vendors and contractors
- Participates in the selection and management of contractors for implementation of commercial incentive programs
- Provides support to Energy Efficiency Consultants by collecting energy efficiency and participation data and assisting with data analysis.
- Assists with gathering and reviewing project documentation and program applications to confirm all required and supporting materials are provided in order to fulfill incentive program participation parameters.
- Participates in contractor services inspection and validation of program implementation.
- Supports analysis of high efficiency HVAC equipment, motors, controls, lighting systems, and other equipment to determine electric and natural gas energy savings compared to baseline equipment and or building codes.
- Provides support services for energy efficiency program team and program marketing activities.
- Supports the evaluation of new technologies and other research and development activities.
This co-op is for students currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering; requires basic problem-solving skills and attention-to-detail; working knowledge of standard office computer software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Required to have availability to work 8:00am - 5:00pm (full time) for the first 6 - 8 months.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree program to be considered for this role.
Co-op will start as soon as possible. Applicants need to be available for 6 to 8 months.
Student / Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.