Iberdrola USA Supervisor - Credit & Collections (CMP 46485) Augusta, ME in Augusta, Maine
Business and Department
CMP-ME-Augusta General Office Augusta,ME
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Supervises all activities associated with the collection of delinquent accounts. Responsible for the development of new programs and procedures that aid in the collection of arrears and avoiding write-off. Will train Company personnel and aid in the development of new programs and procedures. May act as liaison between the company and credit outsourcing contracts; supervises collection agencies and bankruptcy activities.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Assigns, monitors, and reports the duties performed by credit and collection representatives and/or field collectors, including performance appraisals. Provides supervisory support to Customer Service including resolving customer issues that could not be resolved by representatives.(30%)
- Provides consistency in application of company personnel policies and practices related to credit and collections and supports special projects that pertain to credit and collections.(10%)
- Supervises bankruptcy activity, collection agency activity, cash processing including returned checks. Performs write-off function.
- Represents company in legal proceedings involving final credit and collection issues. (30%)
- Prepares annual budget for credit and collections expenses including bad debt expenses. Responsible for maintaining costs within the budget, reporting variances, and preparing other monthly collection reports asrequested. (20%)
- May review and recommend new products which can aid the company in monitoring, tracking and deterring theft of service situations.(10%)
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience required.
Analytical Credit Background; Debt Collections, Vendor Management and SAP experience strongly desired.
May require travel, (Could be Quarterly.)
There is a Storm Role requirement which necessitates carrying a Company issued phone.
Skills & Abilities:
Strong analytical and communication skills.
Able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Ability to make difficult decisions.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 877-387-9061 or email@example.com
Company: Central Maine Power (CMP)
Department: Customer Service
Job Title: Supervisor - Credit & Collections
Reports to: Manager-Customer Relations Center
Location: Augusta, ME (CMP-ME-Augusta General Office)
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Publication date: 01.06.2017